Retail Entrepreneur Scheme Event
4th April 2012 - 2nd May 2012
Lewisham shopping centre is launching a retail entrepreneur scheme which will see one local budding business person win free retail space in the shopping centre for eight weeks, plus a host of marketing and mentor support.
The new initiative aims to help local people who are currently out of work or struggling to get an idea off the ground and provide the skills they need to thrive in the retail market place. The package includes a free branded retail merchandising unit placed in Lewisham shopping centre for 8 weeks, regular mentoring from other retailers, marketing and PR support such as flyers and posters to announce the opening and a special launch day.
To enter local entrepreneurs need to send in a mini business plan and explain why they should be chosen to set up shop in Lewisham. A panel of judges including retailers from the shopping centre, the Mayor of Lewisham Sir Steve Bullock and Lewisham’s centre manager Paul Redden who has more than 20 years retail experience will decide who should win this one-of-a-kind support package.
The closing date for entries is Wednesday 9th May and the shop launch will take place on Saturday 26th May.
Paul Redden, centre manager at Lewisham shopping centre, comments: “This is a first for Lewisham shopping centre. As the centre sits in the heart of the local community it’s really important that we give something back. It’s our aim to help one local person make the best start in their retail career with free trading space, marketing support and mentor advice. Our hope is that the winning business person will go on to be a major success in the retail world.”
Sir Steve Bullock, Mayor of Lewisham adds: “I think this is a fantastic idea. All credit goes to the managers of Lewisham shopping centre for showing such generosity and true commitment to our local community. This scheme is a really welcome addition to the other measures the Council is taking to help residents and businesses through these tough economic times.”
• Open to people living in Lewisham aged over 18 years old
• To avoid a conflict with other retail mall units based in Lewisham shopping centre, the winning retailer cannot sell sunglasses, hats and scarves, handbags, purses and wallets, jewellery, mobile phone accessories, perfume and gold buying.
• Closing date for entries is Wednesday 9th May 2012
• Closing date for receiving entries is 9th May 2012
In your nomination, please include the following details:
• Date of birth
• Type of retail business you will set up in Lewisham
• Your previous work experience
• Mini business plan to include mission statement, description of your business, short and long-term goals, potential customers, competition analysis, financial analysis and marketing.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pegasus Public Relations Ltd
Unfortunately we cannot respond to every nomination, but if you make it through to the short-list we will be in touch with you after 9th May.